Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a few of my favorite things.

I love fall.

I love being able to wear a jacket outside. I love opening the door to our porch and having the cool breeze fill our apartment. I love the crunch of the leaves and the smell they make when they're burning. I love jeans and scarves and boots. I love carving pumpkins and Thanksgiving with the family. I love the countdown to Christmas. I love giving candy to little monsters, ghosts, witches, princesses and cowboys. I love candy corn. I love the smells and the sounds.

Today I put on a light jacket for the first time in months. And I walked the dogs in a cool breeze. And when Nate and I left (a very yummy Italian) dinner tonight and walked to the car there was a chill in the air. These were reminders to enjoy the little things in life. And they made today that much closer to perfect.

What is your favorite season or time of year? And why? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love winter! I love being able to curl up on the couch with my big blanket, hot cocoa, and a good book. I especially love it when we get snow. When I walk outside everything is purely quiet and smells clean and fresh. The chill making my nose tingle and wearing hoodies. :D So yeah.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...